A tasty dish for the lent, or fasting season. No deep fry potato with bell
peppers prepared in mixed sauces and seasoned with dried herbs.
4 large sized potatoes
4 tbsp oil
2 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped green chillies
1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions
1 tsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp chilli sauce
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt and pepper to taste
Dried herbs to garnish
- Cook the potatoes in a vesselful of water till they are about 80% cooked.
- Cut the cooked potatoes into fingers like french fries.
- In a kadai, take the cooking oil, add the garlic, ginger, onion, green chillies and spring onion whites and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the potato fingers, capcicums, and the garam masala. Saute lightly till the raw smell of the masala goes.
- Add in tomato ketchup, soya sauce, chilli sauce, salt, and cook for 2 -3 minutes
- Add black pepper to taste.
Serve hot garnished with dried herbs.