4 Places I've lived:
Suprisingly, these four places starts with the same word...."K"
1. Kochi : Where I was born and brought up
2. Kothamangalam : 4 years there doing my Engineering
3. Kottayam : Couple of months after my wedding (that's where my husband hails from)
and finally, my present K
4. Kuwait....where next, Kenya ????...naaeeehhhh
4 Job's I've done:
1. Interior Designer. Honestly, felt like having a break after 4 long techi years...so went straight and enrolled for this diploma course. Our job training was after our final exams for one month..but I just liked what I was doing, so much..gave a special request to my institution to start my training right from my study hols..and was I not really glad, that when all my other batchmates got one month training under any reputed architect, i had it for 3 months..and a permanent posting later on too!!
Some clippings of my work at that time:
2. Civil Engineer with my usual site visits and inspections under the false name of a Marine Engineer. (Let the client just never happen to know, when they showed me a huge pile of drawings, and a hell-lotta techi names falling from their mouths, and the only thing I cud remember was "My my..I have heard all these names somewhere......". Nothing more than that. But surviving on very cooly with the grateful assistance of the supervisor there who is also from Kerala, so which drawing he says is fine and can be approved, is approved by me too ..!!!!..
Thats me at work....Posing among things, which you just dont even know what its called, but calling yourself a specialist in it ....its exciting, anyways !!!
3. Aakri- (Junk ) Collector:
Something, which is way too associated with me...junk stuff!!! Find something interesting, and it goes straight into my Aakri-box. Might stay there for years, but God alone knows when it would come handy, and in what form.
This is my latest addition....found these curtain samplers dumped near a garbage bin, while on our way after shopping, walking to where our car was parked....Passed by it with my eyes fully glued to it, and with some eye contact, Santho knew exactly what I meant! Turned right back, and brought home, as much we could carry. (It was late night at that time, glad no Bengali's saw me, collecting things which are their default properties). Am I not the least ashamed to write about it!!!
These are some roles they do now for me...a bow or a fabric base for my flower vases, pin up tie for the curtains, cushion back for our bedroom couch....
4. Photographer (at heart..nothing professioanl). Learned about Macro and stuff through various communities in orkut, while was free in office about a year back, and thats how it all started. I usually carry my camera with me always in my bag, and click click click...then and there, a file on my desk, plaant nearby, rubberbands, ...
still feel like laughing at the wordings.....
. ...and this, especially because, I found it at Santho's worksite, who was showing me around the whole stretch of the desert where they are laying underground pilelines for oil, and was sooo boasting all the way to glory of the works they were doing, their equipment .... but my eyes stayed on this particular one...
I silently asked him..."Santho, do you provide the road markers and signages too ?
"EEEVERYY SINGLE THING!!!"...came the proud reply.
"So, this is urs too ?....Excellent!!!!"..I pointed this to him, and trust me, u had to see the look on his face!!
4 Favourite Places I 've holidayed
4 Favourite Foods:
I remember while were on our family trip to Velankanni, with my parents and brother, the waiter came in to get the order for dinner..my father, didnt even have a look at the Menu, but just straight at him and said
"Ome MB, one CB, one EB, one VB"..thats it!!
The waiter just couldn't make head or tail of what my father was saying....and my dad laughingly answered..
"One Mutton Biriyani, one chicken biriyani, one egg biriyani and one Veg biriyani!!!
My my, biriyani,...under whatever be the head, they are my ever fav's...
4 Places I'd rather be...
1. Naturally, back home after a long days work...esp when its real busy busy in the office
2. Right in this water above..thats my fav. beach..trust me its sooo shallow, u go even 20-25 mts into the sea, the water is just till your waist. Thats where we spend our friday mornings, me and my kid learning to swim...and our flat is right behind the yellow buildings in the snap.
3. My husband's place in Kottayam with all the lush greenaries and rubber treea around. For a person born and bought up in a huzzle buzzle busy city, this is always a refreshment!
4. Any land of buddhist architecture...china, bhutan, nepal..so sooo....
..and finally, 4 bloggers, I'd like to tag...
1. Viji of VCuisine
2. Shn of Mishmash
3. Jeena of Jeena's Kitchen
4. Happy Cook of My Kitchen Treasures
What's in a Name MEME
I have no middle name, so just going for S-O-N-A, that's me!
S - Silly,...I can come with the silliest of excuses for a work not done on time, an errend forgotten, and hubs baptised me as "Silly Excus-O-mani"
O - Optimistic. Always. Trusts to the core, that whatever happens in life, will in one form or the other, one day or the other, will be always for our good.
N - Nostalgic. Can spent hours thinking about past events, old friends, school n college lives.....hummmm
A - Ambitious. Else not, I just wouldnt exist in this blog sphere. Cooking was something which was just not something to do with me, and look what I am doing now......
And the best part again..tagging....
S - Shella, of Kitchen ArtO - One Hot Stove author, Nupur (no much blogs and names with O, here)
N - Nags, of For the Cook in MeA - A Cook @ Heart, Manasi.
Happy MEME, pretty ladies......